Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Book Review - Chael's Luck by Mireille Chester

There is a reason you haven’t seen any book reviews on my blog. I suck at writing them. It’s that simple. However, when Mireille Chester asked if I wanted to get an early look at her soon to be released Chael’s Luck, I have to admit my curiosity got the better of me. I had been reading the excerpts she had been posting on her blog and I loved the characters, so I agreed.

I sat down yesterday afternoon thinking I would just take a peek at it. After the first few chapters, I knew I had to make a pot of coffee, get a warm blanket and settle in because I wasn’t going anywhere. I read the whole thing because I literally could not stop.

There is nothing I love more than getting lost in an amazing world with characters I want to spend time with and Mireille Chester has created that with Chael’s Luck. I have to admit that I am a romantic at heart and her story transported me to a beautiful world of knights, elves, quests, friendship, honor, betrayal, and love.

Chael was named after the god of bad luck and it fit. He was a runt and had to fight to prove himself worthy to be a knight. Commissioned by the king to retrieve a magical book, Chael and his father are attacked and a dark family secret is exposed that threatens to destroy everything Chael has fought for.

Enter Ian Murphy. With Ian, it was love at first sight. I’m talking about myself of course (swoon). Ian is an honorable man who passed on becoming a knight based on moral principles. He agrees to help Chael find the book and keep their family secret while dealing with some family issues of his own.

I would give Chael’s Luck 5 out of 5 stars and highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys an amazing love story with a touch of action and fantasy. This book made me a Mireille Chester fan and I cannot wait to read more!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Michelle. You made my day. <3 I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete